Title: Clinical Coordinator/ Supervisor
Location: Bedford Green House
Bedford Green House is a new state-of-the-art supportive/affordable housing complex providing homes and services to more than 300 New Yorkers. Phase I is a building designed to LEED Gold Standards and is scheduled to open in the Bronx in December 2019. Bedford Green House will provide onsite social services including primary care for adults and families and women’s health services, family reunification services, occupational therapy, and more. Funded in part by the NYC Dept. of Health and Hygiene and Human Resources Administration, Bedford Green House supports and encourages a healthy lifestyle with an abundance of resources for the community at large. BGH features sustainable landscaped green roof, rooftop greenhouse, aquaponics growing system, horticultural therapy classes with year-round gardening, planned healthy cooking workshops, community playground, and backyard with recreational and exercise equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Clinical Coordinator include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Review client intake forms regularly for accuracy and complete additional paperwork needed for the completion of case management intakes.
· Audit client charts weekly to ensure adherence to regulatory standards of service quality.
· Manage the documentation of critical incidents and keep a log of the updates.
· Participate in incident reporting committees and team meetings to determine annual goals.
· Organize and maintain up to date spreadsheets to track progress and updates related to performance measurements.
· Direct clinical supervision of case management staff, which also includes providing on-going training, assessment and coordination of clinical meetings
· Assist with the development of procedures in accordance with evidence-based practices.
· Provide 24-hour on call coverage for the facility on a rotating basis with the Director
· Master’s Degree, LMSW required with 2 years supervisory experience
· Minimum of two years’ experience in human services, consulting, evaluation, homeless services, quality assurance, or related field.
· Experience working with adults with mental health and/or substance use issues, including families, preferably in homeless shelters or supportive housing.
· Strong quantitative, Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of case management software.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to firstname.lastname@example.org