Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Project Renewal Health Services
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works with the clinic team to maintain patient flow, provide patient education, and assist providers as required. The LPN is responsible for nursing care in accordance with medical orders as well as in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the License Practical Nurse (LPN) include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Escort clients to housing interviews, recreational activities and other relevant appointments
· Responsible for the administration of medications including vaccinations.
· Responsible for assessing and documenting initial health indicators such as height and weight, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, hearing and vision, etc.
· Responsible for the assessment of patients.
· Will maintain medical supplies, equipment, and date inspection.
· Performs procedures including phlebotomy, injections, PPD testing, finger stick glucose testing, EKGs, and pulse oximetry as ordered by the clinician.
· Performs HIV counseling and testing using a rapid HIV test according to New York State regulations and under the guidance of the HIV Support Services program.
· Responsible for patient education, per the Health Center policies and procedures.
· Will follow-up with missed and canceled appointments via the telephone and/or written correspondence and with patients case managers and outreach workers in coordination with the front office manager.
· Participates in emergency care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and the Medical Director for Primary Care or designee.
· Maintains vaccine storage according to the requirements of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
· Documents patient interactions in the Electronic Health Record as indicate.
· L.P.N. or R.N. (Required)
· Licensed to practice in the State of New York (Required)
· Related experience Knowledge of Managed Care Services
Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com