Title: Psychiatrist/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Bedford Green House - 2865 Creston Avenue, Bronx NY
Schedule: Part-time and Full-time
Bedford Green House is a new state-of-the-art supportive/affordable housing complex providing homes and services to more than 300 New Yorkers. Phase I is a building designed to LEED Gold Standards and is scheduled to open in the Bronx in December 2019. Bedford Green House will provide onsite social services including primary care for adults and families and women’s health services, family reunification services, occupational therapy, and more. Funded in part by the NYC Dept. of Health and Hygiene and Human Resources Administration, Bedford Green House supports and encourages a healthy lifestyle with an abundance of resources for the community at large. BGH features sustainable landscaped green roof, rooftop greenhouse, aquaponics growing system, horticultural therapy classes with year-round gardening, planned healthy cooking workshops, community playground, and backyard with recreational and exercise equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Psychiatrist/Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Reports to the Medical Director of Psychiatric Services. Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Director of Healthcare Operations, Program Director and Program Staff
· Oversees all psychiatric and nursing services at the program in collaboration with the Program Director. Supervises licensed practical nurse, including medication system.
· Engages consumers to provide dignified, person centered, recovery- oriented care that includes psychiatric evaluations for individuals referred for assessment of psychiatric conditions or for entitlements and housing.
· Provides psychiatric follow-up care as needed, including psychopharmacology and supportive psychotherapy. Adheres to agency policy regarding obtaining health screening and laboratory monitoring.
· Provides crisis intervention and assessment as needed.
· In collaboration with on-site nurse, provides liaison to outside psychiatric and medical providers as necessary and appropriate.
· Completes documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
· Participates in weekly clinical team meeting. Provides case consultation to interdisciplinary staff.
· Provides in-service training to staff on psychiatric disorders, addiction, and other topics as needed.
· Using a harm reduction approach engages consumers to provide Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT
· Provides collaborative agreement for nurse practitioner(s) working within facility, if relevant
· Participates in agency quality assurance process as requested by Medical Director.
· May participate in supervision of medical students or residents as arranged with Medical Director of Psychiatric Services.
· May provide treatment through tele-psychiatry.
· New York State Medical License and Registration
· Board certified in Psychiatry
· Working with homeless population preferred, Data 2000 Waiver preferred
· Must have excellent oral, writing and listening skills.
· The ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and create and coordinate schedules
· Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially WORD and EXCEL
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to firstname.lastname@example.org