Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Bedford Green House-2865 Creston Avenue, Bronx NY
Schedule: Part-time and Full-time
Bedford Green House is a new state-of-the-art supportive/affordable housing complex providing homes and services to more than 300 New Yorkers. Phase I is a building designed to LEED Gold Standards and is scheduled to open in the Bronx in December 2019. Bedford Green House will provide onsite social services including primary care for adults and families and women’s health services, family reunification services, occupational therapy, and more. Funded in part by the NYC Dept. of Health and Hygiene and Human Resources Administration, Bedford Green House supports and encourages a healthy lifestyle with an abundance of resources for the community at large. BGH features sustainable landscaped green roof, rooftop greenhouse, aquaponics growing system, horticultural therapy classes with year-round gardening, planned healthy cooking workshops, community playground, and backyard with recreational and exercise equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Registered Nurse include but are not limited to the following activities:
Reports to Director of Psychiatric Nursing Operation or their delegate in collaboration with the Medical Director of Psychiatric Services, Medical Director of Primary Care and Chief Medical Officer as needed
Participates in weekly multidisciplinary clinical meetings. Provides initial health assessment for each client. Helps to identify medical problems among clients.
· Provides routine monitoring of clients’ physical condition, triage of medical and psychiatric problems.
· Coordinates response to medical and psychiatric emergencies.
· Facilitates referrals to community-based psychiatric and primary care providers.
Collaborates with facility psychiatrists, as well as with on-site and community-based medical and psychiatric services, as necessary.
Provides outreach to clients when necessary, and in accordance with program policies on visiting tenants.
Provides medication management, administration and teaching when necessary and appropriate and assists with the supervision of self-administration of medication.
Provides ongoing health education and support to clients.
Organizes education for clients and staff on health topics.
Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
· New York State licensed registered nurse.
· Working with homeless population preferred
· Must have excellent oral, writing and listening skills.
· The ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and create and coordinate schedules
· Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially WORD and EXCEL
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to email@example.com