Title: Sr. Case Manager
Location: East Third Street Men’s Shelter
East Third Street is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 175 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on-site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Under the general direction of the Director of Social Services, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, the Senior Case Manager assists the Director of Social Services in supervising the Case Managers as well as managing a small caseload to provide assessment, counseling and referral services to the clients of the shelter; ensures that proper protocols are being followed and performs quality assurance activities regarding the delivery of services; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties include but are not limited to the following activities depending on the assigned shift:
· In addition to supervising Case Managers, maintains a caseload of 10 to 15 clients.
· Follows up on referrals to determine if they meet the criteria for admission to the shelter and verifies their appropriateness for referral to various programs.
· Assists the Director of Social Services in providing guidance and direction to the Case Managers to insure assessments--including psycho-social evaluations--are being performed, Independent Living Plans are being promptly followed, referrals to appropriate programs are being made, and integration of services is occurring.
· Assists the Director of Social Services in conducting chart review to ensure all required documents have been given to and acknowledged by clients, and in coordinating the delivery of services to clients.
· Provides individual and group counseling sessions to assist the clients in achieving independence, obtaining permanent housing and returning to their communities.
· May, as a part of aftercare service, provide outreach to the clients and housing providers to insure clients are performing well in their new living accommodations and being successful in their reintegration into the community, and may also provide assistance as may be needed to insure the clients’ success.
· Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is input into the CARES system by Case Managers in a timely fashion.
· Attends and participates in weekly Case Conference meetings on the status of each client.
· Coordinates the Money Management Program exercising fiduciary responsibilities for the clients to insure savings goals are being achieved and that clients are spending funds responsibly.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services
· Master’s in social work or related human services field, plus required experience as described below.
· Bachelor’s in social work or related human services field plus required experience as described below
o A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with homeless adults and or substance abuse populations.
· The ability to motivate all staff and to work collaboratively with staff from other programs to provide the most beneficial services to the client.
· Excellent oral, writing, and listening skills.
· An ability to work independently and to initiate actions to support the effort of the staff and the clients.
· An ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
· Knowledge of case management software as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: to email@example.com