Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need.
Title: Clinical Supervisor
Program: Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services
The Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Service (MSOWS) of Project Renewal is an OASAS Part 816-licensed 30-bed medically supervised detoxification facility. Clients spend between 7-21 days in the program where they receive part-time medical supervision from an RN an LPN and a MD, as well as a dedicated shelter bed and ongoing counseling and referral services.
The Clinical Supervisor will provide direct supervision to the CASAC/CASAC-T counselors of the unit. This person will also be assigned a caseload and is expected to provide individual and group counseling, treatment planning, discharge planning and referral services. As this unit primarily services homeless individuals, basic case management is a core responsibility (E.g. completing referrals, coordinating benefits, addressing legal needs, etc.) This position reports to the Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Clinical Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conduct clinical supervision of all counseling staff and perform reviews of documentation, as per OASAS guidelines
· Ensure that quality of service is being provided and that counselors attend required trainings.
· Perform duties of a counselor with assigned caseload.
· Attend and participate in all staff and team meetings, and in-service trainings; facilitate daily case consultations with interdisciplinary staff;
· Liaison with other Project Renewal programs and outside referral sources.
· Collaborate with completion of monthly quality assurance and OASAS requirements.
· CASAC required; MSW Preferred.
· Prior supervisory experienced strongly preferred.
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing counseling to individuals with alcohol and substance dependence in an OASAS-licensed facility, as well as experience working with homeless adults.
· Familiarity with OASAS regulations and the requirements of 42 C.F.R. Part 2 (HIPAA).
· Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and a familiarity with electronic medical records.
Salary commensurate with education and experience, Project Renewal offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter, indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.