Title: Case Manager (Bilingual)
Program: East Williamsburg Men’s Shelter
Under the general direction of the Director of Social Services, the Case Manager is responsible for providing the required assessment, case management, and counseling services to clients, enabling them to address their dependencies and assume control of their lives to ultimately live independently and return to permanent or alternative housing in their communities; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include, but are not limited to the following activities:
· Assigned a caseload of 25-35 clients.
· Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations for assigned case load.
· Provides case management services and assists in the creation of and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long term objectives to be achieved.
· Inputs all client information and updates into the CARES system.
· Counsels clients through individualized and group sessions on issues such as achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, complying with medication protocols and pursuing employment opportunities.
· Maintains liaison with representatives from community organizations and service and housing providers.
· Organizes and educates clients through group activities and other events.
· Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required by and in accordance with city and state oversight agency guidelines.
· Provides escorts as needed to take clients to meetings and appointments.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services.
Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with homeless adults and/or substance use populations.
Teamwork: Ability to work cooperatively with peers and other staff in order to serve the needs of the clients as effectively as possible.
Organizational: An ability to work independently and to adjust one’s schedule to accommodate the needs of the clients.
Interpersonal: An ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Communication: Excellent oral, writing, and listening skills.
Computer: Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
Language: Spanish speaking preferred.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org