Get help for yourself, your family, or someone in need
The services below are available to the public and for those needing a tailored approach.
Call 311 for:
- Information on accessing shelter services including directions to family and single adult intake centers, or
- Mobile street outreach services to request that an outreach team visit an individual in need
- Locate adult drop-in centers, including 24-hour drop-In centers and those open from 7:30am-8:30pm
- For a nearby meal or food pantry
Human Resources Administration InfoLine
- Food Stamps and emergency food programs
- Public health insurance (Medicaid)
- Temporary cash assistance and benefits
- Domestic Violence Support
Project Renewal Progams
*These programs are open to referrals from the public for those who meet eligibility.
Crisis Service (8 East 3rd Street, 4th Floor)*
Do you have a history of substance abuse and need somewhere to go? Take the first step to recovery with our crisis services available at our 3rd Street location in the East Village: a clean, comfortable place to stay with great food, a caring staff and all the help you need to stay dry.
- No insurance required (Medicaid accepted)
Recovery Center Outpatient Counseling*
212.533.8400 x144 or x157
The Recovery Center helps individuals struggling with alcohol and drug abuse to recover from their addiction, while also developing their ability to lead self-sufficient lives. Contact us to schedule an intake appointment. During this appointment a counselor will conduct an alcohol and drug screening assessment. The clinic provides assessment, counseling, groups, psychiatric services, suboxone treatment, and primary medical services at our onsite clinic.
- We accept men and women over age 18 who meet criteria for substance dependence or abuse.
- We treat clients who are dually diagnosed with both substance use and mental illness.
- We treat who are prescribed Methadone or Suboxone.
Next Step Employment Program*
- If you are 30 days sober have your caseworker fill out this referral form
Culinary Arts Training Program*
ScanVan Women's Health Screenings*
- Provides free mammograms to low-income women without health insurance, also accepts health insurance
- View Schedule Here