Get help for yourself, your family, or someone in need
The services below are available to the public and for those needing a tailored approach.
Call 311 for:
- Information on accessing shelter services including directions to family and single adult intake centers, or
- Mobile street outreach services to request that an outreach team visit an individual in need
- Locate adult drop-in centers, including 24-hour drop-In centers and those open from 7:30am-8:30pm
- For a nearby meal or food pantry
Human Resources Administration InfoLine
- Food Stamps and emergency food programs
- Public health insurance (Medicaid)
- Temporary cash assistance and benefits
- Domestic Violence Support
Project Renewal Programs
These programs are open to referrals from the public for those who meet eligibility.
Crisis Service (8 East 3rd Street, 4th Floor)
Do you have a history of substance abuse and need somewhere to go? Take the first step to recovery with our crisis services available at our 3rd Street location in the East Village: a clean, comfortable place to stay with great food, a caring staff and all the help you need to stay dry.
- No insurance required (Medicaid accepted)
Recovery Center Outpatient Counseling
212.533.8400 x144 or x157
The Recovery Center helps individuals struggling with alcohol and drug abuse to recover from their addiction, while also developing their ability to lead self-sufficient lives. Contact us to schedule an intake appointment. During this appointment a counselor will conduct an alcohol and drug screening assessment. The clinic provides assessment, counseling, groups, psychiatric services, suboxone treatment, and primary medical services at our onsite clinic.
- We accept men and women over age 18 who meet criteria for substance dependence or abuse.
- We treat clients who are dually diagnosed with both substance use and mental illness.
- We treat individuals who are prescribed Methadone or Suboxone.
Next Step Employment Program
- If you are 30 days sober have your caseworker fill out this referral form
Culinary Arts Training Program
ScanVan Women's Health Screenings
- Provides free mammograms to low-income women without health insurance, also accepts health insurance
- View Schedule Here