Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse – All Shelters (Full Time)
LPNs are embedded in PRI Shelters to provide on-site nursing services under the direction of the Director of Nursing Operations and/or the Director of Primary or Behavior Health Care for issues related to medical care, medical management and nursing services to PRI clients.
LPNs have dual reporting responsibilities to the on-site Program Director for daily program interactions and administration/management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Management of medication system for all clients at shelter, including ,receiving and reviewing prescriptions and medications, ordering medications from pharmacy, safe storage of medications and ensuring that clients have appropriate supplies and access to medications
· Monitoring client reactions for side effects and reporting to prescribing provider.
· Provides nursing screening of all new clients
· Assists in triaging psychiatric, medical and substance abuse problems to appropriate providers
· Participates in weekly clinical meetings with medical staff AND with shelter case management & administrative staff
· Communicates regularly with on-site psychiatric and medical providers, case managers and on-site operations & administrative staff
· Communicates with off-site psychiatric providers as necessary and appropriate
· Administers morning and afternoon medications
· Administers decanoate injections according to orders of psychiatric provider
· Provides medication teaching as needed
· Assesses each client’s knowledge of medications and ability to self-administer medications
· Provides ongoing health education and support to clients
· Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures
· Assist with tele-psychiatry operations as scheduled with tele-psychiatry provider at Project Renewal
· Coordinates activities of evening LPN as needed, respective to site
· New York State licensed LPN
· Working with homeless individuals preferred.
· Must have the ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
· Must have knowledge Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org