Project Renewal is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending homelessness by empowering men and women struggling with addiction and/or mental illness to rebuild their lives with renewed health, homes, and jobs.
Title: Team Leader II
Program: New Providence Women’s Shelter
New Providence Women’s Shelter is a 130 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless women diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site medical and psychiatric clinic operates Monday through Friday, staffed by a nurse, primary care physician and two psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, the Team Leader will provide direct supervision to the Senior Case Manager and the Case Managers as well as managing a small caseload to provide assessment, counseling and referral services to the clients at the shelter; ensures that proper protocols are being followed and performs quality assurance activities regarding the delivery of services; performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Team Leader include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Performs a thorough assessment of clients being referred to the shelter to determine their appropriateness for our setting within a 24 hour time period, identify the full range of service needs, and make the assignment to a case manager.
· Provide guidance and direct supervision to an assigned team of Case Managers to ensure assessments, including psycho-social evaluations are being performed, Independent Living Plans are prepared and being followed, referrals to appropriate programs are made, and integration of services is occurring.
· Provide guidance and direction to Housing Specialist to ensure that HRA2010E packages are being generated and being given to DHS as well as other housing providers.
· Assists in quality assurance activities to ensure service milestones/program performance goals are met.
· As part of the 6 month after care services, monitors status of clients placed in the community to ensure successful community integration. Facilitates the provision of any assistance needed to ensure that clients remain housed.
· Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is being inputted in a timely fashion into the CARES system by the Case Managers.
· Attends and participates in the weekly P4P Case Conference meetings on the status of each client
Team Leader Position Description Continued
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Continued
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director and Clinical Director.
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. While performing the duties of this position, the Team Leader must walk the floors of the facility, traveling up and down any of the two staircases. While the facility does have an elevator that travels to each of the (6) dorm floors of New Providence Women’s Shelter staff may be required to use either staircase to travel to the dorm floors
Staircase A has 87 steps and Staircase B has 88 steps
In addition, Team Leader I must be able to stand and bend in order to use client files, put them away and close them out. In the position you are also required to sit at the computer workstation for extended periods to review the client data and update the information in the case management systems.
Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW/LCSW preferred but not required)
A minimum of four years of experience working with homeless Mentally Ill and Chemical Affected also known as (MICA) individuals or other special needs populations. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of supervisory experience.
Team Building: The ability to motivate all staff and to work collaboratively with staff from other programs to provide the most beneficial services to the clients.
Communication: Excellent oral, writing and listening skills.
Organizational skills: An ability to work independently and to initiate actions to support the efforts of the staff and the clients.
Interpersonal skills: An ability to relate with clients as well as all levels of staff.
Computer skills: Knowledge of case management software’s, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of case management software and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially e-mail, WORD and EXCEL.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: