The Associate Medical Director is responsible for coordinating on-site primary care services under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Healthcare Operations and Planning in order to provide quality health care services to our patients.
- Trains and orients new clinical staff on the use of the Primary Care Department’s electronic medical record in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Schedules regular on-site team meetings of the Primary Care staff to promote high quality health care to our patients and to act as a liaison for the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Healthcare Operations and Planning.
- Participates in achieving and maintaining Patient Care Medical Home Level III status, Meaningful Use designation, and any future quality of care initiatives for Project Renewal’s Primary Care Department.
- Facilitates effective collaboration with the shelter directors, operation managers and clinical directors to promote best practices for meeting our mission of health care and housing.
- Facilitates effective collaboration with shelter security staff to foster the understanding of medical emergencies, and to review appropriate procedures for medical emergencies i.e. the use of Primary Care’s 24 hour on call service, CPR and other emergency protocols.
- Participates in the development and implementation of future on site care models for specific medical conditions
- Assumes clinical responsibilities of the Chief Medical Officer when she or he is unavailable.
- Cares for his/her own panel of patients for which he/she provides medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of his or her training.
- Consults with the appropriate medical specialists when deemed necessary according to the Primary Care Department protocol.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medications to patients.
- Provides medical supervision to the assigned clinical team leaders.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and utilization review.
- Participates in community outreach programs.
- Maintains patient records in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Maintains all New York State and federal licensing requirements as current according to the department’s credentialing policy.
- Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Completes 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Participates in the department, agency and external meetings and conferences as required
Activity and Knowledge Requirements:
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· M.D. or DO (Required)
· Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York (Required)
· Related experience
· Knowledge of Managed Care Services
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com EOE