Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker’s where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
East Williamsburg is an emergency men’s shelter whichhelps 98-140 individuals ages 55+ with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center available to them throughout the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Assigned a caseload of 25-30 clients.
· Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations for assigned case load.
· Provides case management services and assists in the creation of and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long term objectives to be achieved.
· Inputs all client information and updates into the CARES system.
· Counsels clients through individualized and group sessions on issues such as achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, complying with medication protocols and pursuing employment opportunities.
· Maintains liaison with representatives from community organizations and service and housing providers.
· Organizes and educates clients through group activities and other events.
· Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required by and in accordance with city and state oversight agency guidelines.
· Provides escorts as needed to take clients to meetings and appointments.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services.
Education and Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree, and experience as described in item 1 below.
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with homeless adults and/or substance abuse populations.
· Minimum of three (3) years of related experience working with mentally ill or homeless individuals having either a diagnosis of mental illness or addiction to a substance.
· Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.