Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Office Manager
The Office Manager will coordinate the administrative support responsibilities of Medical Clinic. The Office Manager is responsible for patient registration, patient flow, telephone appointments, inquiries and calls for general information, data collection, scheduling all referrals to specialty clinics, verifying insurance status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Office Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Answers telephones, screen calls and take messages.
· Greets patients, check patients in as well as verify and update necessary information.
· Maintains clinic appointments for patients.
· Assists with patient flow.
· Maintains all clinic files and equipment.
· Orders supplies and materials.
· Enters all necessary billing data and maintains accurate patient data base.
· Serves as liaison with case managers, medication nurse, and psychiatrists.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency (Required)
· Associates Degree (preferred)
· Prior healthcare experience preferred
· Basic keyboarding and computer literacy
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) required
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.